Wednesday, May 22, 2013

History: K&Co Paper & Card Bonanza

I Fell In Love...



...with the K&Co Designer Mat Pad in the McKenna patterns.  Over a holiday break in 2010, I made 40 cards with the paper. And I. Had. Fun. For Days.

Paper often drives my designs. To me, it sets the tone.  So sit back and peruse the delightful cards I made with this beautiful paper! My scanner did not pick up the white or ivory card base, so some appear a bit cut off. I've learned since then. :) 

I embossed EVERYTHING with Peridot Embossing Power.


Stamps are Stampin'Up -- Hydrangea Vase is from the Bloomin' Beautiful set and I used the Flowers of Gratitude sentiment. I also stamped a grid in gold ink on the background paper for a subtle shimmer.  The border punch is a Martha Stewart doily pattern.
This one used a vellum sentiment and a different Martha Stewart border punch.

The hydrangea vase was colored with watercolor pencils and I used blending pens to smooth it out.

If I were to make this card today, I would add some bling, I think.
 For this one, I used an embossed border around the sentiment instead of punching it out, and an EK border punch for the coordinating strip of paper and the edge.
 I stamped the SU Fine Lace background, in VersaMark, and then applied copper PearlEx for a shimmery background. I layered a vellum sentiment over the attached paper strips.
 This SU sentiment is from the Ageless Adornment set, plus an Inkadinkado Hydrangea bloom, which I fussy-cut. The border along the bottom of the card was a rub-on. As you can see, it doesn't matter who manufactured the products...I just throw things together that I think go together.  That's the pure fun of it!
 Then I changed up the design with a different background paper, a different sentiment treatment & a subtle gold scroll (Anna Griffin-All Night Media) stamp on the left side.
After all this cardmaking, I had a LOT of scraps. So, I punched some circles, and layered a scrap of paper with a scalloped edge for a sweet edge treatment, and stamped and embossed the Fiskars Happy Birthday sentiment, which I punched with a matching Fiskars scalloped circle punch.
 One of the papers in the stack had a different tone, so I used the same scroll and embossed it in black and added a pre-glued paper doily ribbon. The frilly border around the sentiment is from Fiskars Vintage Farmhouse set. It was a little more difficult to fussy-cut, but turned out well. The pansy is from the SU Flowers of Gratitude set.

 






I used the dogwood stamp from the same set on this variation.
 
A different border punch gives a different look entirely.  I brought out the color by backing the punched Martha Stewart border with a purple strip in this last example.  
There were many more cards, but they all used similar styles, and I don't want to bore everybody.
Hope you enjoyed my trip down memory lane and the fun I had with this paper pack.  Someday I'll even use the second stack I bought because I loved it so much...tee-hee. 

Thank you for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time and stopping by & sharing! I love comments and read them all! javascript:;