Wednesday, May 22, 2013

History - Design Challenge Template Cards

After completing the Take Ten Design Challenge in 2011, I liked the template so much, I created 2 more cards with the same design!

The versatility of the template speaks for itself. 

The pink card uses the Thanks stamp from the Stampin' Up "Lexicon of Love"  set and a miscellaneous scroll that I picked up on sale at JoAnn because I loved it.  And I got to use the beautiful border punch over text.  I copied an old book page and misted it with SU Ruby Red re-inker. I also misted the originally cream-colored paper flower with the same ink to achieve the same color.

I have never been able to part with this card...and if I do, whoever receives it will be getting a VERY special card.  

How many of us have cards that we just cannot use?  We should take a poll!


This masculine Thank You card uses a variety of images from a Graphics 45 sheet and some rub-on gears. 

I misted the card with black ink to "antique" it. Each section of the card was layered, and I inked the edges of each piece. The green/gray background layer is Tim Holtz paper. Antiqued Brass brads, coil and a gear over a clock face added some steampunk pizzazz. A twisted fiber also adds interest without frills.  The sentiment is also Stampin' Up.

I was able to send this card to my father -- and I received some high praise!

Thank you for looking at my cards today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time and stopping by & sharing! I love comments and read them all! javascript:;