Tuesday, June 4, 2013

History-Dreams

I had a busy weekend, and only made 1 card...but I can't show it yet (hubby's birthday today).  So, today I'm posting an older card I made for a colleague who was leaving for a better job in November 2011.

I was all about Pink & Black & White at the time. This card caught my eye on SplitCoastStampers, and I loved it. I computer-generated the sentiment, spacing it appropriately and emphasizing the same words.  It's not as pretty as Julia's original.  I used my Spellbinders die cut for the white die cut layer around the sentiment.  The black layer, though, was hand-trimmed. 

I didn't even stamp on the outside of the card. The inside was stamped with "Congratulations".

Other than dry-embossing the white bottom layer with a diamond pattern, and a different patterned paper, this card is pretty much a copy. They say imitation is the best form of flattery, so thank you, Julia M. for the inspiration.


Cased from Julia M. at this url....

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1689184?&cat=500&ppuser=221252

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time and stopping by & sharing! I love comments and read them all! javascript:;