Thursday, June 20, 2013

Avonlea Pirouette

I put together a quick CTMH Avonlea thank you card using the Pirouette MyAcrylix stamp. 

First I cut the stamp shape using the Cricut Artiste cartridge, and stamped on it with Twilight ink. 


I used Avonlea patterned paper as a background layer on a Slate cardstock base. I stamped the sentiment with Versamark ink and heat-embossed it with Zing Chestnut embossing powder.

Thanks is in the A Flowering Bunch stamp set, but I masked off the part that said "a bunch" with a sticky note so it just said Thanks. Masking is a great technique that I am still learning how to use!

I used a piece of the Avonlea patterned paper zip strip horizontally to give added dimension.


I cut a few little shapes on the Cricut, with the Artiste cartridge, at 1 to 1-3/4 in complementary colors, and layered them with a small punched circle on top. 


A bronze brad matched perfectly and holds them all together. The sheer ribbon bow adds just a little necessary accent.

Thanks for stopping by!  I have been working on some thank you cards for a friend's sister, and will post them as soon as we decide which layout she prefers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time and stopping by & sharing! I love comments and read them all! javascript:;