Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sympathy

I needed a sympathy card for our friend and fellow hunter's passing and I dislike flowery sympathy cards. 

I combined stamps from Tim Holtz Flights of Fancy and Nature's Elements in yellow tones (a mix of CTMH and Stampin' Up inks). 

The dry embossed layer is a basket weave pattern. 

The sentiment is from the Our Daily Bread "With Heartfelt Sympathy" set.

I did go with ribbon, but didn't add a bow, as I like to do. Simple seemed better for this card.

Any passing of a friend or family member is an unfortunate time, and I really need to get better at making some Sympathy cards to have on hand.  I find when I need one,  it's unexpected, and I just don't have a day or two to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time and stopping by & sharing! I love comments and read them all! javascript:;