Sunday, February 22, 2015

Flying High

I had such a fun time creating invitations for our twin great-grandsons Birthday Party!

Momma's theme was Disney Planes. I didn't have any Disney related stamping items, so I looked around Pinterest and found an invitation I could duplicate.  My approach then centered on breaking it down into the different pieces I needed to put it all back together. It took a bit of computer work to get the pictures of Disney planes and the pilot wing banner.

Finding the orange and blue stripe paper proved more difficult but I found a digital paper on Etsy. This was a new experience for me, but it worked out quite well. Once I found that suitable paper,  I downloaded it and printed it onto white cardstock, then trimmed it to the 5x7 invitation size. 

For the center piece, I knew I could cut the fancy shape and layer it on the background.  On the computer, I arranged all of the wording and pictures then printed it out onto white cardstock. Then I cut a shape using my CTMH Artiste Cricut cartridge.  I cut it on scrap paper first, to find the correct position of the cut.  Then I positioned the actual invitations one at a time on the mats to ensure the cuts came out correctly. Thank goodness it was only 15 cuts.  Of course, I made a few more, because, as usual, I made some positioning mistakes!

I created the artwork on the wings and added the boy's names and then hand-trimmed them to lay on top of the white invitation layer. I spent 3 nights carefully trimming 15 of them while watching television.
I added a strip of dark orange behind the white invitation to make it stand out and then added the rest of the layers.  1st the strip of orange, then the white invitation layer, then the wings. 

I think they came out great and it was a lot of fun to create.  I'll be working on cupcake toppers and a banner in the next week or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time and stopping by & sharing! I love comments and read them all! javascript:;