Sunday, February 22, 2015

See Ya Later

Alligator...

Alligator party that is. 

See Ya Later, Alligator
One of our friend's daughter is turning 1 and I made 12 invitations for her little party. Mom's theme was alligators because of her favorite stuffed animal. I found the perfect stamp in the Stampin' Up Wild About You set. I heat embossed the alligator, then stamped the flowers without embossing.

I paired that with some hot pink reptile skin paper, which I die cut using a scalloped rectangle Spellbinder. The base layer is from the DCWV Animal Crackers stack. 
Glitter Glue on Die Cuts
The 1's were cut on my Cricut. 
They seemed pretty plain, so I coated them with orange glitter glue and let them dry.  They proved to be fairly difficult to adhere because they curled.  I used some heavy duty GlueDots to ensure they stuck down.  One thing I can't stand is for my cards to fall apart in 6 months, so I am fairly picky about making sure the layers and embellishments are thoroughly attached.


Alligator Birthday
The dark brown cardstock bases are a set of blank cards by Paper Studio.  We printed the party information on white and adhered it inside the card. 

I ended up with a cute set of party invitations that are not too girly and not too pink - exactly the effect desired. 

Thanks for looking.  See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time and stopping by & sharing! I love comments and read them all! javascript:;