Sunday, February 22, 2015

Fall Birthday Cards

September/October 2014
I made a couple of awesome cards for my Father and Stepmother's birthdays.

Dad's Birthday Card 2014
For my father I selected some Tim Holtz stamps. And crafted a card that completely resounded with him! The dial reminded him of the tools used back in the day, and his family had a car just like the one on the card.  Interestingly, I started with a MojoMonday sketch, and meant to do something completely different, but this one just fell together.  I think there was some serendipity going on!

The background is a steel plate embossing folder. Considering the car subject matter, I thought that was appropriate. 

The dial and car are both from the Tim Holtz collection. The dial is from Road Trip and the car is from Here & There. 

The arrow is a CTMH arrow, and I put a little tiny Number 1 shield in from the CTMH 30 Years of Happy set. 

The gear is one of those happy finds from A Creating Keepsakes convention that was still in my stash!


Mom's Birthday Card 2014
Mom's card is simple yet elegant. She loves butterflies so I cut a butterfly using my Close to My Heart Artiste cartridge on the Cricut. The

I used a ~4" doily and found some beautiful floral paper by Meg's Garden (it was in my stash). It was in a 6x6 pad called Romantic Garden. I trimmed the paper to fit inside the Doily. 

The sentiment is in the JustRite Stampers Birthday Sentiments set.

I noticed that I am getting stripes on some of my photos from the fluorescent lighting in my craft area -- they are not on the paper, so just look past that.
 
I love being able to pull together any look from all different manufacturers and have it all come together.



Thank you for looking & happy stamping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time and stopping by & sharing! I love comments and read them all! javascript:;