Monday, January 13, 2014

MOJO328 - Sew Special

For today's sketch, I selected one of my CTMH stamps, but wanted to use it with a different paper. The SOTM is Cross-stitch Wishes. 


I used a card base out of my new Paper Studios box'o'cards. I chose a matching navy cardstock for layering and dry embossed it. Of course, with sewing items I had to use the Tim Holtz tape measure embossing folder for a little texture.  I layered that with *matching* Paper Studios patterned paper. Why did I say *matching*? Well, I went to my paper shelf in search of a good sewing type paper, and viola...there it was, the paper stack that coordinates with the card bases I received last month for Christmas.

[Now I know I have too much paper. ]

I put a little tiny piece of washi tape on the patterned layer, then stamped the sew special box in Pacifica ink. Cute, but then I decided the card was too blue, so I stamped it again in SU Real Red. My mother-in-law's pinking shears put a perfect edge on the layer. (Now I feel guilty for using high quality sewing scissors on paper. My mother raised me to know better). 

A little ribbon and a button tied with WeRMemories twine finished the card. 

It took a little longer than I thought it would.  That's why I generally think the patterned card bases are harder to create from. It's usually too hard for me to select papers for the best effect. I just got lucky with having the coordinating stack. 

I think this card also illustrates that you can use any company's stamps with any other products and have a beautiful finished product.

Thank you for stopping by and have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. True that, Dawn! I mix and match all the time and have from the beginning since I got lots of my supplies via store sales and even garage sales. Your card is fabulous. Period. (And I won't tell anyone about the pinking shears!) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time and stopping by & sharing! I love comments and read them all! javascript:;