Sunday, January 5, 2014

Hasty Thanks

One of my Christmas gifts was 2 boxes of pre-printed cards by The Paper Studio, along with matching tags and some rubber stamps. I usually don't know what to do with such cards...Although it's supposed to be easy. But the matching tags gave me an idea and I made 2 of these cards.
I punched a pretty Ruby cardstock border and heat-embossed the birdcage with red embossing powder.  I used the same embossing on the large sentiment. Then I inked the edges of the birdcage layer with Tim Holtz distress ink in Worn Lipstick. I layered it on the matching tag, which was inked around the edges with CTMH Pacifica ink.
I stamped random flourishes on the card and tag without heat-embossing to give a bit of depth.
Then it was only a matter of tying ribbon on the tag and sticking everything down.
Perfect for a handwritten thank you note!

STAMPS
Birdcage - Prima
Thanks - Oriental Trading Co.
Flourish - My Mind's Eye

1 comment:

  1. And who doesn't need a thank you note at this time of the year! Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time and stopping by & sharing! I love comments and read them all! javascript:;