Monday, July 8, 2013

History-Grad Card

An historical card- Reviewing some of my cards is fun! 
I think as I keep posting them, you'll see that I have a large hoard of unsent cards! I would have to answer my survey at over 25 :)

This card is for a masculine graduation card...not using a cap and scroll.
The paper drove my design and is from the Basic Gray Cupcake Collection stack.
I used a Fiskars sentiment from the All Around Quotes stamp set. I stamped it in Versamark and heat-embossed it on a pre-cut scalloped square...die cut with Spellbinders and layered with one in a complementary color. The bicycle is a Tim Holtz
stamp, from the Playful Journey set, which I embossed on a vellum strip. In lieu of ribbon, I used 2 coordinating paper strips to cover the edges of the vellum.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Love it Dawn! That is a great quote you used for the graduation card. I love that you used the bicycle them for "direction" instead of the the traditional cap and diploma. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Winnie! The "direction" makes it usable for other events, too, so it's easier to pick up and use. I haven't yet, but I have a hard time parting with my cards...LOL! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time and stopping by & sharing! I love comments and read them all! javascript:;