Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Southern Sympathy

My dear Great Aunt  passed away and I was unable to attend,  but I made some beautiful sympathy cards for family members. These cards are truly from my heart. 

One of my favorite paper stacks is K&Co. Julianne paper.  Since my relative lived in Mississippi, I chose the magnolia patterned paper in the stack. 

I paired that with the coordinating striped patterned paper and used CTMH Indian Corn blue as a background layer.  


Both the ivory (2-1/4") and blue (2-1/2") shapes were cut on the Cricut using the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge.

I heat-embossed the border stamp (CTMH Frame It Up) with Stampendous Peridot embossing powder.

The sentiments on both cards are from a Just Rite Stampers set, stamped on CTMH Colonial White cardstock with CTMH Outdoor Denim ink.
 
I added one flower cut out from a matching 6x6 pad. It was a bit of challenge to fussy-cut, but I perservered!

The second card has a paper flower as an embellishment.  I used some Tim Holtz Distressing Ink (Antique Linen) to age it. The button is a CTMH button.

A little ribbon finished these cards beautifully.

Thank you for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time and stopping by & sharing! I love comments and read them all! javascript:;