Tuesday, May 21, 2013

History: Two Take Ten Cards

These 2 cards were published in the Summer 2011 edition of Take Ten. 

I made them for a Design Challenge. 

 
Card A

Card A uses an older SU set, A Quiet Life, with a Fiskars Scalloped Oval border, which matched a Fiskars scalloped oval punch.

All of the stamping is heat-embossed.

The woman is colored with watercolor pencils and blender pens (these were created pre-Copics) LOL!  

Then I bordered the sections with a Gold Paint marker to make them stand out.

A little sheer ribbon, a couple of paper flowers & some bling finish this sweet card.



Card B
I think that heat-embossing gives cards a special raised surface look. Plus it's easier to color the images without the outline ink bleeding.


Card B  uses Bird Calligraphy, Crafty Individuals™ Rubberstamps by Magenta.  I actually stamped and heat-embossed the original one at my stepmother's house and brought it home to use it later.  When it was combined with the design challenge layout and a sentiment from Unity, it all worked!



These were the first cards I had published.  It was very exciting...but I sent the originals in without return postage, which I regret. They were still very nice cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time and stopping by & sharing! I love comments and read them all! javascript:;